"...go on better, look better, and last longer than any other stains"
...says Joseph L. Eichler
Leading Western Builder
Stain... or paint?
Often a new home is simply painted with no consideration given to staining. Experienced builders find it pays to know the advantages and limitations of each... the effect, performance, and cost on wood surfaces inside and outside the home. Cabot's Stains, for example, answered all requirements for the home shown at the right. Here's why more and more builders are specifying...
For best results, the best in Stains...
- Economical — 1/2 the cost of paints.
- Require no priming coat; are easier to apply and maintain.
- Need no thinning; surfaces need no scraping or sanding.
- Trouble-free — no cracking, blistering, or peeling.
- Penetrate deeply, dyeing and preserving the wood fibers.
- Enhance the beauty of the wood grain; leave no brush marks.
- Offer unique color effects in a wide color range.
- Grow old gracefully, may be stained or painted over later.
Cabot's Oil-based or Creosote Stains.
Cabot's Ranch House Hues®
Endorsements from leading builders such as Mr. Eichler are your assurance that with any Cabot product you get the finest quality, greatest economy and longest life.
Cabot's Ranch House Hues
Choose from 18 modern colors — many exclusive with Cabot including Alcazar Brown, Mariposa Redwood, Mimosa Yellow, Spruce Blue.
- cost only 1/2 as much as paint
- won't crack, peel or blister
- are easy to apply and maintain
- give years of protection
- can be used on all types of wood — siding, shingles and trim
- need no thinning — no priming
- need no sanding — no scraping
A quality product from Cabot Laboratories
...manufacturing chemists since 1877